[comp.windows.x] twm doesn't track cursor properly?

lm@snafu.Sun.COM (Larry McVoy) (12/11/88)

I recently started using twm (a really nice window manager) and I've found
a little problem - sometimes when you move the cursor into another window
it can take several seconds to focus input onto that window.  Uwm did not
seem to have this problem.  Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?
I'm running under sunos 4.0 on a 4/110.

Thanks,

Larry McVoy      (lm@sun.com)

rapatel@athos.rutgers.edu ( Rakesh Patel) (12/11/88)

This was also indicated by others here. It sounds like a bug or a
delay set somewhere. I'd like any info on it also.

						Thanks,
						Rakesh Patel.

klee@daisy.UUCP (Ken Lee) (12/13/88)

In article <81058@sun.uucp> lm@sun.UUCP (Larry McVoy) writes:
->I recently started using twm (a really nice window manager) and I've found
->a little problem - sometimes when you move the cursor into another window
->it can take several seconds to focus input onto that window.

Set NoTitleFocus in your .twmrc.  That solved the problem for us.

Ken Lee
Daisy Systems Corp., Interactive Graphics Tools Dept.
--
uucp:  uunet!daisy!klee		arpanet:  daisy!klee@uunet.uu.net

"DC6 which is being used for Contra weapons supply runs out of New Orleans is
probably being used for drug runs into U.S." - Oliver North, August, 1985

jch@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Jeffrey C Honig) (12/13/88)

In article <Dec.11.01.59.57.1988.29223@athos.rutgers.edu> rapatel@athos.rutgers.edu ( Rakesh Patel) writes:
>This was also indicated by others here. It sounds like a bug or a
>delay set somewhere. I'd like any info on it also.

The fix it to put 'NoTitleFocus' in your .twmrc file.

Jeff