[comp.windows.x] Need X10R4 source

thakur@cfa250.harvard.edu (Manavendra K. Thakur) (12/14/88)

Please!  No flames.  I know everyone uses X11 these days, but for
reasons too complex to go into here, one of our users needs the source
code for the latest version of X10, which was (I'm told) R4.

Does anyone have any idea where I can ftp this code from now?  If not,
would someone be willing to cut a 6250 bpi tape if I sent her/him one?

Thanks.

--
                                Manavendra K. Thakur
                                thakur@cfa200.harvard.edu

brooks@vette.llnl.gov (Eugene Brooks) (12/14/88)

In article <1191@cfa201.cfa250.harvard.edu> thakur@cfa250.harvard.edu (Manavendra K. Thakur) writes:
>Please!  No flames.  I know everyone uses X11 these days, but for
>reasons too complex to go into here, one of our users needs the source
>code for the latest version of X10, which was (I'm told) R4.
No one has disk space to keep X10R4 on line, if anyone is truely
desperate, I am willing to provide a tape copy if you mail me a
tape and a 100 dollar copying fee.  Your choice, 1/2" 1600 bpi,
1/2" 6250 bpi, or QUIC {11,24) 1/4 streamer tape formats.  No tape
no fee, no copy.

Eugene D. Brooks III
1153 Hibiscus Way
Livermore, CA 94550

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (12/14/88)

In article <14637@lll-winken.llnl.gov>, brooks@vette (Eugene Brooks) writes:
>No one has disk space to keep X10R4 on line...

While normally this is true, I'll do anything to keep from studying
for exams.

So, fora limited time only, the very old X.V10R4 is available via
anonymous ftp from XANTH.CS.ODU.EDU [128.82.8.1] as ten split
compressed tar files in /pub/X.V10R4.

After thakur gets it, I'll keep it on-line as long as there is
interest: if no one gets it for a few days, off it goes again.

Don't forget binary mode...

	...tad

--
Tad Guy         <tadguy@cs.odu.edu>     Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA