From: ggm@brolga.cc.uq.oz (George Michaelson)
Subject: trouble building R3 on an IBM PC/Rt
Date: 23 Dec 88 00:20:50 GMT

I am attempting to build R3 on a pc/rt and having some problems.

	include file /usr/include/machinecons/buf_emul.h is missing, but
	required by BSDrt/bsdInitEmul.c I appear to have found a way to
	fudge round this, at least to get past hc -c phase.

	signals SIGGRANT and SIGRELEASE are not defined for my system,
	but cannot be avoided if BSDScreenEvent() is to be compiled in.
	ibmIO.c appears to demand this module be present.

the README for server/ddx/ibm states problems are known to exist for
aed16 and fixes are being worked on by erik@ibmuupa but that address
is unreachble by me via uunet.

If anyone can offer any help or advise (other than junking the rt..)
I would be very greatful.

	-george

--
ACSnet: ccggm@brolga.decnet.uq.oz                    Phone: +61 7 377 4079
Postal: George Michaelson, Prentice Computer Centre

--- End of forwarded message from ggm@brolga.cc.uq.oz (George Michaelson)

jip@nih-csl.UUCP (john powell) (12/27/88)

In article <8812260346.AA15827@sunchat.sun.oz>, richb@sunchat.UUCP (Rich Burridge) writes:

> I am attempting to build R3 on a pc/rt and having some problems.

> 	signals SIGGRANT and SIGRELEASE are not defined for my system,
> 	but cannot be avoided if BSDScreenEvent() is to be compiled in.
> 	ibmIO.c appears to demand this module be present.

We also have this problem trying to build the server for the RT.  We
played the game of specifying the hc1.4 compiler and including the
rt.BAC macro to in order to build the toolkit Offset code.  (We never
saw any documentation on this, other than the rt.BAC file in the
macros.include area.)  We have managed to build the library and all
the 'core' clients.  Any help on getting the server to compile
would be appreciated.  From previous postings, Keith Moore at UT,
Knoxville, Tenn. succeeded, Jon Greenblatt U Md., College Park, Md.
also succeeded....whats the secret guys....

				John Powell (301) 496-2963
				National Institutes of Health
				DCRT, CSL
				Bldg. 12-A, Rm 2031