[comp.windows.x] purdue patches

rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Bob Scheifler) (12/22/88)

    Does applying the Purdue patches affect any future official X patches?

Quite possibly.

jkh@pcsbst.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) (01/14/89)

Could someone send me the complete up-to-date actually usable Purdue
and Purdue+ patches? I apologize for sending this to the whole list, but
I'm pretty confused about exactly which patches are which at this
point. The first set I got didn't apply and I've since seen a number
of "updates", the order and purpose of which I can't fathom.

Anyway, if someone would take the time to bundle up whatever's current
(and hopefully shaken out) and mail them to me, I'd really appreciate it.
We pay the cost of the Europe->USA link, so don't worry about a US
site footing the bill.

Thanks.

				Jordan Hubbard
				{decwrl,uunet}!pyramid!pcsbst!jkh

mtr@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Miek Rowan) (01/16/89)

In article <8901131422.AA15557@meepmeep.UUCP>, jkh@pcsbst.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) writes:
> Could someone send me the complete up-to-date actually usable Purdue
> and Purdue+ patches? I apologize for sending this to the whole list, but
> I'm pretty confused about exactly which patches are which at this
> point. The first set I got didn't apply and I've since seen a number
> of "updates", the order and purpose of which I can't fathom.

Well, as Gene found out in a hair pulling few days of debugging - the
Purdue+ patches don't work in all cases.  Until a fix to these come along
I would stick with the Purdue patches alone.

If all you are working on are bwtwo frame buffers - then the Purdue+ patches
should work fine.  Its when you use the cgfour frame buffer on a 3/60
(works fine on a 3/110 with cgfour) - that it suffers massive bitrot.
It is in the same code and so everyone involved seems stumped as to why it
would act differently.

Anyway...The point is, unless you only use black and white, (or 110's) I
would wait on the Purdue+ and just install Spaf's speedups. (Purdue)

mtr