[comp.windows.x] Xchess, gnuchess woes.

DEG41560@UA1VM.BITNET (Rob Smith) (01/18/89)

HI,
 Thanks for your suggestion on xchess, it works now.  However, it will not
play with gnuchess. Do you have it running. The xchess man page talks
about setting the compat flag in file main.c, but my gnuchess has no such
file.  The gnuchess documentation is equally confusing.  Any tips?

Also, I cannot see the pieces on my color display.  They show up fine
on my B&W machine.  This may be a problem of finding the right colors,
I haven't played with it much yet.

                                       Thanks for any and all help,

                                                Rob.

roberto@cwi.nl (Rob ten Kroode) (01/19/89)

In article <8901181440.AA01760@ATHENA.MIT.EDU> DEG41560@UA1VM.BITNET (Rob Smith) writes:

>HI,
> Thanks for your suggestion on xchess, it works now.  However, it will not
>play with gnuchess. Do you have it running. The xchess man page talks
>about setting the compat flag in file main.c, but my gnuchess has no such
>file.  The gnuchess documentation is equally confusing.  Any tips?

I am having exactly the same problem. When I try running xchess and play
against gnuchess, after the first move the program dies.
...help....

Rob.
--

Rob ten Kroode (roberto@cwi.nl)   |         Don't read this !!

"When they said 'sit down' I stood up",  Growing up - Bruce Springsteen