[comp.windows.x] XGDB under X11R2

schultz@mmm.UUCP (John C Schultz) (01/31/89)

I have applied the patches to XGDB which Ken Marks kindly supplied
in the following posting.

> Article 4635 of comp.windows.x:
> From: ken@richsun.UUCP (Ken Marks)
> Newsgroups: comp.windows.x
> Subject: Re: XGDB core dumps after GCC 1.32 compilation
>

> First, the core dump occurs when the
> pointer "fi" is dereferenced in about line 109 of xgdb.c.

However, XGDB still needs work.  For example no data is initially
displayed and hitting the NEXT button after a breakpoint will crash
XGDB (though "next" from the invocation window works fine).

I am willing to try to debug XGDB but I am at a loss about how to go
about it.  Using gdb on XGDB produces a core dump.  Am I missing
something obvious?  Can someone make suggestions or point me to a
reference for debugging X windows code and XGDB in particular?

Thanks for any suggestions.--
 john c. schultz   schultz@3M.Com   ..!uiucuxc!mmm!schultz  (612) 733-4047
           3M Center, Bldg 518-1-1, St. Paul, MN 55144-1000
  The opinions expressed herein are, as always, my own and not 3M's.