[comp.windows.x] X11 on a Sun 3/60

jam@WHEATIES.AI.MIT.EDU (Joe McIntyre) (02/03/89)

Can anyone tell me how to get X11 running on a color
sun 3/60.  Mine just hangs without any error messages.

Thanks,
Joe McIntyre

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (02/03/89)

In article <8902022326.AA06403@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu>, jam@WHEATIES (Joe McIntyre) writes:
>Can anyone tell me how to get X11 running on a color
>sun 3/60.  Mine just hangs without any error messages.

See if you have a /dev/bwtwo0.  If so, get rid of it.

On the color Sun-3/60s here, the presence of this node trashes the
server (how's that for a specific description).  The only frame buffer
devices we keep around are /dev/fb (of course) and /dev/cgfour0 (only
on the appropriate color Suns).

To start with the color frame buffer, you can use

	xinit -- -dev /dev/cgfour0

	...tad

--
Tad Guy         <tadguy@cs.odu.edu>     Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA