[comp.windows.x] Need DVI Previewer for X11R3

rfiler@dragonlady.afit.af.mil (Robert E. Filer) (01/28/89)

I'm looking for a DVI (TeX) previewer that will run correctly under
X11R3.  I have versions of texx and xdvi that are supposed to work,
but all I get is a few black spots on the page.  All my other X11
tools work correctly.

I would prefer that the previewer supported the tpic specials (like
texx is supposed to).  Any clues or pointers to source??

Bob Filer
Air Force Institute of Technology
rfiler@dragonlady.afit.af.mil

jensen@gt-eedsp.UUCP (P. Allen Jensen) (02/07/89)

In article <861@afit-ab.arpa>, rfiler@dragonlady.afit.af.mil (Robert E. Filer) writes:
> I'm looking for a DVI (TeX) previewer that will run correctly under
> X11R3.  I have versions of texx and xdvi that are supposed to work,
> but all I get is a few black spots on the page.  All my other X11
> tools work correctly.

I need a previewer as well.  texx on the vax seems to have a byteorder
problem (even with -Dvax).  The left/right half of the characters seem
to have been transposed.  If anyone has a working previewer for DVI files
on QVSS microvax (grey), please post it to comp.sources.x or put it
in the archive.  xdvi was great under X10 - is there an X11 port ?

P. Allen Jensen
--
P. Allen Jensen
Georgia Tech, School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332-0250