[comp.windows.x] using patch

mdb@silvlis.COM (Mark D. Baushke) (02/10/89)

> Date: 7 Feb 89 16:37:20 GMT
> From: faline.bellcore.com!sword!yba  (Mark Levine)
> [We need a way to stop the automatic -R option in patch in cases where
> things go wrong; staying in sync when a patch is on its way in in half
> the source files and on its way out in the other half gets tricky!
> Read those output logs.... :-)]

If you use the latest version of patch (patch-2.0 patchlevel 12),
which is in X.V11R3/util/patch look at the documentation for the -N
(causes patch to ignore patches that it thinks are reversed or already
applied). I typically use a command like:

	patch -N -p < ~/x11r3fixes/1

Enjoy!
Mark D. Baushke                 Internet:    mdb%silvlis.com@sun.com
Silvar-Lisco, Inc.              Nameservers: mdb@silvlis.com
1080 Marsh Road                 Usenet:      {pyramid,sgi,sun}!silvlis!mdb
Menlo Park, CA 94025-1053       Telephone:   +1 415 853-6411 / +1 415 969-8328