[comp.windows.x] Sun R3 server problem

lma@polya.Stanford.EDU (Larry M. Augustin) (02/12/89)

I just compiled the core distribution for X11R3 on a Sun 3/110, SunOS
3.5, using gcc 1.31 with fixes 1-4 and purdue2.0/2.1 speedups.

When running the server using the bw screen (/dev/bwtwo0) there's a
strip about an inch wide across the top of the screen that obscures
any windows moved there.  Any idea what I might have done wrong?

Larry M. Augustin			ERL 414
lma@sierra.stanford.edu			Computer Systems Lab
lma@dayton.stanford.edu			Stanford University
(415) 723-9285				Stanford, CA 94305

dheller@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Dan Heller) (02/13/89)

In article <6812@polya.Stanford.EDU> lma@polya.Stanford.EDU (Larry M. Augustin) writes:

>I just compiled the core distribution for X11R3 on a Sun 3/110, SunOS
>3.5, using gcc 1.31 with fixes 1-4 and purdue2.0/2.1 speedups.
>
>When running the server using the bw screen (/dev/bwtwo0) there's a
>strip about an inch wide across the top of the screen that obscures
>any windows moved there.  Any idea what I might have done wrong?

This is a problem with the 110 -- sometimes, you'll get only a strip on
the bottom that's visible.  Easily solved -- just precede your call to
xinit (or whatever you use) with "clear".
Dan Heller	<island!argv@sun.com>