[comp.windows.x] Problem with popup widgets

mark@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Mark Davies) (02/20/89)

Hi,
   I have an X application that I would like to add a dialog box sort of
facility to.  Due to the structure of the program I would like to create
the popup shell widget at program initialisation and then when a dialog box
is required create the child widget and popup the shell.  Then when the
dialog box is finished with, popdown the shell and destroy the child.  This
creation/destruction process is then repeated each time a dialog box is
needed.

My reading of the X11R3 Xt intrinsics manual suggests that this is possible
though it is vague on what is required.  My attempts at doing this have
resulted in core dumps or error messages such as "widget child has zero
width and/or height", generally on an attempt to bring the dialog box up
for a second time.

Is what I am trying actually possible?  If so could someone please give me
an example of what is required.

Answers by email please as we don't get this group (yet).

cheers
mark
--
Domainised:  mark@comp.vuw.ac.nz	Bang form: ...!uunet!vuwcomp!mark

richb@sunchat.UUCP (Rich Burridge) (02/22/89)

Please reply directly to Mark Davies at the address below, or to the

----- End Included Message -----