[comp.windows.x] what is xpert?

ed@maven.UUCP (Ed Hand) (02/24/89)

I have just started reading this group and noticed a couple requests for
people to be added to a mailing list for xpert.  So what is xpert?
Might I be interested, and what (if anything) does it cost, and who
puts it out?  I noticed people were giving a snail mail address rather
than email.  Does it go out electronically also?  I am very new to
xwindows and trying to learn, if this is something that would help me
I would like to receive it also.  Smail to me is:

Intergraph Corporation
One Madison Industrial Park
Huntsville, AL 35808-4201

Attn: Ed Hand
Mail Stop CR1103

						Thanks for everything,
						Ed

jim@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jim Fulton) (02/26/89)

> I have just started reading this group and noticed a couple requests for
> people to be added to a mailing list for xpert.

spawned.  The two are gatewayed together so that messages sent via either
channel will appear on both.

						Jim Fulton
						MIT X Consortium

p.s. Please remember that mailing list administrivia should be sent to
xpert-request@expo.lcs.mit.edu, where they will eventually get dealt with.
Requests that are sent to xpert will, most likely, be ignored.  Also, keep
in mind that xpert@expo.lcs.mit.edu contains redistibution lists, so you
should check with your local mail administrator before sending requests to
xpert-request.