[comp.windows.x] Is there an X news reader?

clq@clqpc.i.intel.com.ogc.edu (03/02/89)

Sorry if this ask been asked before and answered, but I have not seen
it in the short while I have been reading this group.

Is there an X based news reader available?

Thanks

     -- Carlos Qualls
        Intel Corp.
        5200 N. E. Elam Young Parkway
        Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
        (503) 696-7532
	littlei%clq                 |  littlei:clq
    ...!tektronix!reed!littlei!clq  |  clq@littlei.hf.intel.com
    ...!uunet!littlei!clq           |  clq@littlei.uu.net

talvola@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Erik Talvola) (03/03/89)

In article <503@gandalf.littlei.UUCP> clq@clqpc.i.intel.com (Carlos Qualls) writes:
>Sorry if this ask been asked before and answered, but I have not seen
>it in the short while I have been reading this group.

>Is there an X based news reader available?

Here at Berkeley, some people have developed a program called 'xrn' which
is a News reader for X Windows.  I have only seen it under X10R4, but it
may have newer versions.  The program gives the following address for
comments:

xrn@eros.Berkeley.Edu
...!ucbvax!eros!xrn

Good luck!

--
Erik Talvola               | "It's just what we need... a colossal negative
talvola@cory.berkeley.edu  | space wedgie of great power coming right at us