[comp.windows.x] Hebrew editor?

engelson-sean@CS.YALE.EDU (Sean Philip Engelson) (03/06/89)

Does there exist an Hebrew language text editor (emacs-like, if
possible) that runs under X11 and Unix?  Postscript printing would be
nice too...

Thanks much.

Sean Philip Engelson, Gradual Student	Who is he that desires life,
Yale Department of Computer Science	Wishing many happy days?
Box 2158 Yale Station			Curb your tongue from evil,
New Haven, CT 06520			And your lips from speaking
(203) 432-1239				   falsehood.
Nondeterminism means never having to say you're wrong.

romeo@fang.ATT.COM (Romeo Gonzalez) (03/07/89)

In article <52738@yale-celray.yale.UUCP>, engelson-sean@CS.YALE.EDU (Sean Philip Engelson) writes:

> Does there exist an Hebrew language text editor (emacs-like, if
> possible) that runs under X11 and Unix?  Postscript printing would be
> nice too...
> Sean Philip Engelson

I Been saving this article for a while. Let me now if you where successful.
Good luck. Shalom.

Romeo J. Gonzalez
AT&T Maitland Fl.
att!candi!idea!romeo | att!codas!fang!romeo

**** Hit Return To continue ****
# From flnexus!codas!cpsc6a!rtech!ptsfa!ames!hao!boulder!tramp!benten Sat Nov 21 23:10:26 1987
# From: benten@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Muhammad S. Benten)
# Newsgroups: unix-pc.general,comp.sys.att
# Subject: Unix-pc fonts and word processing
# Date: 22 Nov 87 04:10:26 GMT
# Sender: news@sigi.Colorado.EDU
#
#
# This is in response to some question about the use of the 132-char
# on the Unix-pc. In this regard I have the following available for
# sharing with other intersted users:
#
#
# 1- I have modified the font "system.144.ft" so that it can be
#    used to produce a 144 cols by 36 lines on a full screen.
#
# 2- I also have created a "termcap" entery to allow the correct
#    screen mapping by programs that use "termcap" such as vi, and
#    a "terminfo" enetry that allows correct screen mapping of
#    programs that use "curses" such as Gnu-emacs.
#
# 3- An Arabic chracter set that produces an 80 cols by 22 lines
#    on a full screen.
#
# 4- The Hebrew character set that produces an 80 cols by 22 lines
#    on a full screen.
#
# 5- I have modified one of the lisp files of the Gnu-emacs to allow
#    Arabic and Hebrew word processing on the Unix-pc, that is
#    writing from right to left using "emacs". Bidirectional
#    word processing is also supported. This modification can still
#    be improved and awaiting a good lisp hacker.
#
# 6- Of course the "termcap" and "terinfo" enteries for the Arabic
#    and Hebrew character set.
#
#
# These are available for sharing with no claim of any innovation
# and as my time permits.
#
#
# ======================================