[comp.windows.x] R3 Fonts, R2 Server

MSACKS@IBM.COM (Michael Sacks) (02/28/89)

Is there a way to get the fonts that are distributed on the R3 Release
Tape to work against an R2 server?  If I try to run xfd on the R3 font
names against my R2 server, xfd complains that it can't open the fonts.
Any quick fixes?  Thanks. - Michael

paul@torch.UUCP (Paul Andrews) (03/02/89)

MSACKS@IBM.COM (Michael Sacks) writes:

>Is there a way to get the fonts that are distributed on the R3 Release
>Tape to work against an R2 server?...

Yes, use the R2 font compiler and put the results in the R2 font directory.
You then just refer to the font by its file name as usual, note that this MUST
be all lower case though.

- Paul.

MSACKS@IBM.COM (Michael Sacks) (03/08/89)

My thanks to everyone who responded to my query.  In case anyone else
faces the same problem, my R2 server was allergic to font filenames
containing upper case letters.  Once these filenames had been renamed,
my problem went away. - Michael