[comp.windows.x] compiling kaleid under HP-UX 6.2

aad@stpstn.UUCP (Anthony A. Datri) (03/11/89)

When I try to compile kaleid from comp.sources.x v03i016 on an HP
9000/320 running HP-UX 6.2, I get

dimension table overflow, try using cc -Wc, -Nd

and when I try that, it tells me that -Wd is not longer supported, and
suggests an alternative.  When I try the alternative, I get the dimension
table message.  These same sources compile fine on a Sun 4 under sunos 4.0.

--
@disclaimer(Any concepts or opinions above are entirely mine, not those of my
	    employer, my GIGI, my VT05, or my 11/34)

burzio@mmlai.UUCP (Tony Burzio) (03/12/89)

In article <2879@stpstn.UUCP>, aad@stpstn.UUCP (Anthony A. Datri) writes:
> When I try to compile kaleid from comp.sources.x v03i016 on an HP
> 9000/320 running HP-UX 6.2, I get
>
> dimension table overflow, try using cc -Wc, -Nd
>
> and when I try that, it tells me that -Wd is not longer supported, and
> suggests an alternative.  When I try the alternative, I get the dimension
> table message.  These same sources compile fine on a Sun 4 under sunos 4.0.

Here is a little shell script I use to compile X11 programs on my HP.  The
correct compiler options are in the cc line; The stack sizes work for most
X programs, but you can increase them on an overflow.  I have the kaleid
program running just fine on my 9000/370 (HP-UX 6.2) TurboSRX.

 #
PROG=$1
shift
echo "Compiling $PROG.c"
cc -O -Wc,-Nd3000 -Wc,-Ns3000 -o $PROG $PROG.c -lXw -lXt -lX11
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
    echo "Executing $PROG"
    $PROG $*
else
    echo "Compilation aborted."
fi

Tony Burzio               * Now what are we to do with all these
Martin Marietta Labs      * VT100s?  Boat anchors perhaps?
mmlai!burzio@uunet.uu.net *

uccjcm@ecsvax.UUCP (John McLendon) (03/12/89)

In article <2879@stpstn.UUCP> aad@stepstone.com.UUCP (Anthony A. Datri) writes:
>When I try to compile kaleid from comp.sources.x v03i016 on an HP
>9000/320 running HP-UX 6.2, I get
>
>dimension table overflow, try using cc -Wc, -Nd

	As it states in the HPUX X11 documentation, one should use
	the positive inverse of the -Wc command; to wit:
	cc +Nd3000 +Ns3000 -o output output.c
	Or is this the reciprocal?
					Later...
					John

--
Signed: John McLendon                uunet\
        (919) 846-7931 (home)		   >mcnc!ecsvax!uccjcm

bruce@hpihoah.HP.COM (Bruce LaVigne) (03/16/89)

Try using the following (I use this to compile xpostit under HPUX 6.2):

   -Wc,-Nd4000,-Ns3000 -DSYSV

Hope this helps!

-bruce

          Bruce LaVigne