[comp.windows.x] Request for info on X-window packages

graham@geovision.uucp (Graham Ashby) (03/22/89)

I am looking for a package that sits on top of x windows and can do
forms, draw lines, etc.

Before you reply 'use a toolkit!', I would also like to be able to
send this stuff directly to a plotter (perhaps of varying sorts, maybe
even PostScript).  Kinda like GKS, or something.

Anything available, commercial software included?

Graham Ashby, GeoVision Corp, Ottawa, Canada   {smart-mailer}!geovision!graham
(613) 722 9518                                 graham@geovision.UUCP

doyle@ingr.com (Doyle Davidson) (03/24/89)

In article <577@geovision.UUCP>, graham@geovision.uucp (Graham Ashby) writes:

> I am looking for a package that sits on top of x windows and can do
> forms, draw lines, etc.
>
> Before you reply 'use a toolkit!', I would also like to be able to
> send this stuff directly to a plotter (perhaps of varying sorts, maybe
> even PostScript).  Kinda like GKS, or something.

If you are interested in GKS under X I would suggest that you might
try Prior Data Sciences in Ontario.  Their number is (613) 591-7235.
I know for a fact that it works because I have used it a little
on our own workstations.  As far as for what machines... how about ours!

Doyle C. Davidson
Intergraph Corporation
Workstation Graphics Standards
..uunet!ingr!doyle