[comp.windows.x] NCR Towerview

jlo@pixel.UUCP (Joe Ortiz) (03/28/89)

Well I've been waiting for some comments from you netters,
but have not heard any.  Has anyone used, seen, or heard
of the NCR Towerview? How does it seem to compare to the
NCD or Visual products in terms of speed, features, ..

				Joe Ortiz

heath@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Robert Heath) (03/28/89)

In article <10604@mcdphx.phx.mcd.mot.com> jlo@pixel.UUCP (Joe Ortiz) writes:
>Well I've been waiting for some comments from you netters,
>but have not heard any.  Has anyone used, seen, or heard
>of the NCR Towerview? How does it seem to compare to the
>NCD or Visual products in terms of speed, features, ..

Heard of the TOWERVIEW ? I've got one sitting here on my desk.
I'm typing this reply on it.
I can sit here and be logged into to several machines at once, cut and
paste between windows, englarge the windows, shrink the windows, move them
around . . .   It's much better than a PC for what I do.  The version I've got
runs only XNS protocols, but I'm getting a version that runs XNS or TCP/IP.

The guys who designed it must have been pretty clever :-)

anderson@ncrorl.Orlando.NCR.COM (Anderson) (03/29/89)

In article <4325@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM>, heath@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Robert Heath) writes:
> Heard of the TOWERVIEW ? I've got one sitting here on my desk.
> I'm typing this reply on it.

Me too!

> I can sit here and be logged into to several machines at once, cut and
> paste between windows, englarge the windows, shrink the windows, move them
> around . . .   It's much better than a PC for what I do.  The version I've got

I find that development goes much faster with multiple windows.

> runs only XNS protocols, but I'm getting a version that runs XNS or TCP/IP.

This one has both XNS and TCP/IP. It's nice being able to access machines
that use different protocols at the same time.