[comp.windows.x] OPEN LOOK Availability

ruthlk@attunix.att.COM (03/30/89)

	In article <8903012124>, Walt Daniels, from IBM, writes:

"It is hard to imagine doing anything to X so that it could not support Motif
even if you had to buy it from someone else.  The same could be said
for OpenLook if and when it appears."

I'd just like to provide the correct information about OPEN LOOK availability:
	1) An OPEN LOOK Beta distribution has been available since Jan.
	   Information about the OPEN LOOK beta program was posted to this
	   net several months ago. All companies, not just UNIX International
	   companies, have been able to participate in the beta program.
	2) General Availability of the OPEN LOOK source is
	   3/31/89. (This Friday!!)
				Ruth Klein
				AT&T Bell Labs

pete@relay.nixctc.de (Pete Delaney at Nixdorf Cim Technology Center) (03/31/89)

In article <8903291906.AA10842@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>, ruthlk@attunix.att.COM writes:

> I'd just like to provide the correct information about OPEN LOOK availability:
> 	1) An OPEN LOOK Beta distribution has been available since Jan.
> 	   Information about the OPEN LOOK beta program was posted to this
> 	   net several months ago. All companies, not just UNIX International
>	   companies, have been able to participate in the beta program.

Is that just the ATT OPEN LOOK toolkit or also the X11/NeWS Merge that
has been available since Jan?  I have been having difficulty getting a clear
picture of the X11/NeWS merge project.

> 	2) General Availability of the OPEN LOOK source is
> 	   3/31/89. (This Friday!!)

I've talked to Christina Hahn at AT&T Unix Europe this week and she
provided Licensing Terms for the AT&T OPEN LOOK GUI source product,
with a Source Fee of $1,000.  Is it safe to assume this is all that is
being made available on 3/31/89?  What about the NeWS/X11 merge?

Also, the AT&T product sheet quotes a XWIN product that appears to be
the MIT/DEC X11R3 with support for VGA and CGA on the 386 port, for just :-)
$17,000.