[comp.windows.x] how to fix a brain damaged kb

mende@athos.rutgers.edu (Bob Mende Pie) (03/30/89)

I am looking for a way to modify keyboard under X11R3.   The keyboard in
question is one of those that has a "," (comma) char on both the comma key
and the <Shift>Comma "key"  I would like to have it be Comma when unshifted
and LessThan when shifted.  Is there any way using the standard X clients
to have this hold true always.   Since I want to map dependent on a
modifier key I kant see how to make xmodmap work.   Thanks...

					/Bob...
--

treese@crltrx.crl.dec.com (Win Treese) (04/01/89)

In article <Mar.29.13.44.02.1989.7298@athos.rutgers.edu> mende@athos.rutgers.edu (Bob Mende Pie) writes:
>I am looking for a way to modify keyboard under X11R3.   The keyboard in
>question is one of those that has a "," (comma) char on both the comma key
>and the <Shift>Comma "key"  I would like to have it be Comma when unshifted
>and LessThan when shifted.  Is there any way using the standard X clients
>to have this hold true always.   Since I want to map dependent on a
>modifier key I kant see how to make xmodmap work.   Thanks...
>
>					/Bob...

The following does both the period and the comma for less-than and
greater-than signs:

xmodmap -e "keysym period = period greater" -e "keysym comma = comma less"

Happy hacking,

Win Treese						Cambridge Research Lab
treese@crl.dec.com					Digital Equipment Corp.