[comp.windows.x] Debuggers?

hiramc@sco.COM (Hiram Clawson) (04/11/89)

Greetings X fans:

I am interested in comments from users of any types of debuggers
that use an X interface?
Are such beasts available?
Pros/Cons - Complaints - Praise - Wish list ?
If none are now available, are any expected soon from anywhere?

Thanks for your input, significant responses summarized for the net,

--Hiram Clawson

|        Negativism?  I don't have to show you no stinking negativism!        |
|Hiram Clawson - Engineer/Programmer-Graphics |1700 Mission St., CA 95061     |
|WB6RSS     SCO : The Santa Cruz Operation -> |     408-458-1422 x3289        |
|Disclaimer: I'm responsible only for myself. |uunet!sco!hiramc hiramc@sco.COM|

shipley@tarantula.berkeley.edu (Pete Shipley) (04/12/89)

In article <2539@scolex.sco.COM> hiramc@sco.COM (Hiram Clawson) writes:
>Greetings X fans:
>
>I am interested in comments from users of any types of debuggers
>that use an X interface?
>Are such beasts available?
>Pros/Cons - Complaints - Praise - Wish list ?
>If none are now available, are any expected soon from anywhere?
>
>Thanks for your input, significant responses summarized for the net,

on the subject of debuging X here is a X debuging hint:

I have the following code segment in my code:

#ifdef DEBUG
void exit(i)
int i;
{
    (void) fprintf(stderr, "exit code == %d", i);

    /* chdir("/path/to/my/home/dir") */

    abort();
}
#endif DEBUG

This allows me to see the stack after a Xlib or Xt error. since the abort call
will cause a coredump to occur.

Pete Shipley:
email: shipley@berkeley.edu		Flames:  cimarron@postgres.berkeley.edu
       uunet!lurnix!shipley or ucbvax!shipley or pyramid!hippo!{ root peter }
Spelling corections: /dev/null                    Quote: "Anger is an energy"