[comp.windows.x] What happened to gumby in X terminals?

kucharsk@uts.amdahl.com (William Kucharski) (05/04/89)

Looking at a few X terminals (notably the NCD and Visual), I've noticed the
XC_gumby cursor is missing from their "cursor" character sets.

Is this because gumby is a trademarked character, or is it for some other
reason?

--
					William Kucharski

ARPA: kucharsk@uts.amdahl.com
UUCP: ...!{ames,decwrl,sun,uunet}!amdahl!kucharsk

Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed above are my own, and may not agree with
	     those of any other sentient being, not to mention those of my
	     employer.  So there.

klein@lupine.UUCP (Doug Klein ) (05/05/89)

In article <21JKl11mU21010u2U.s@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com>, kucharsk@uts.amdahl.com (William Kucharski) writes:
> Looking at a few X terminals (notably the NCD and Visual), I've noticed the
> XC_gumby cursor is missing from their "cursor" character sets.
>
> Is this because gumby is a trademarked character, or is it for some other
> reason?

If I do an "xfd cursor" on my NCD16, I see gumby just fine.

Doug Klein
Network Computing Devices
klein@ncd.com
--