[comp.windows.x] Xsun on a 3/60 with a cg4.

sinclair@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Duncan Sinclair) (04/20/89)

I know this has been covered before, so you will excuse me for
boring you with this one more time.

Our department has just got itself a new Sun 3/60 with a colour
cgfour display. (I know its a cg4, because that's what constype says.)

The question is obvious, how do I tell Xsun how to work on it?

I think I should be pointing it towards /dev/cgfour , but there
is no /dev/cgfour, only /dev/fb.

When I start-up X it works, but does not appear on the screen in front of
me. (Awm beeps etc, and I managed to make a menu selection without
seeing it, so it works.)

Help?

Thanks tons.

Duncan.

--
Duncan Sinclair                     |  Try one    sinclair@cs.glasgow.ac.uk
Computing Science Student           |  of these   sinclair@uk.ac.glasgow.cs

paul@torch.UUCP (Paul Andrews) (05/08/89)

sinclair@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Duncan Sinclair) writes:

>I think I should be pointing it towards /dev/cgfour , but there
>is no /dev/cgfour, only /dev/fb.

Become superuser, cd /dev and type:

./MAKEDEV cgfour

the run X, you should be able to slide onto the colour screen by moving the
pointer off the left or right side of the screen (assuming you're not
running on top of Sunview).

- Paul.