[comp.windows.x] "Typical-R4-Screen.xwd" screen dump on expo

colas@mirsa.inria.fr (Colas NAHABOO) (05/10/89)

I just found on expo, in contrib the "Typical-R4-Screen.xwd" screen dump.
In it you see an oval xclock over an xterm.

My question is: is this just a joke, or will there be a way in the R4 to
handle things correctly if the xterm under the clock scrolls? (which is not
possible now)

Colas NAHABOO       BULL Research FRANCE -- Koala Project
                    (GWM X11 Window Manager)
    Internet:       colas@mirsa.inria.fr

bob@tinman.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (05/11/89)

Check the date on that file.

keith@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (05/11/89)

It's not xclock -- it's a new client called 'oclock'.

colas@BALOO.INRIA.FR (Colas NAHABOO) (05/11/89)

> From: keith@expo.lcs.mit.edu
> It's not xclock -- it's a new client called 'oclock'.

I knew (we designed the same here, called "xswatch") but we had to make it
stick to lower in the stacking order to work...

But:

> From: bob@tinman.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield)
> Check the date on that file.

That's REALLY the answer to my question! (strange feeling to be a "May fool")
Well done, folks...

Colas NAHABOO        -- colas@mirsa.inria.fr
BULL Research FRANCE -- Koala Project -- GWM X11 Window Manager

rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (05/11/89)

    Well done, folks...

I guess so, since you've been fooled into thinking you've been fooled. :-)
Or perhaps you've just been fooled into thinking you've been fooled into
thinking you've been fooled?  Or have you just been fooling us?  Heaven
knows this is all pretty foolish.