[comp.windows.x] Gumby cursor in X

fuller@isctsse.UUCP (Bill Fuller) (05/12/89)

Hi,

	As I remember it, there used to be a gumby cursor that I could invoke
using xsetroot.  Can anyone tell me where I can find it?

			Thanks,

			Bill F.

mcintyrd@cs.rpi.edu (David McIntyre) (05/12/89)

In article <234@isctsse.UUCP> Bill F. writes:
>Hi,
>
>	As I remember it, there used to be a gumby cursor that I could invoke
>using xsetroot.  Can anyone tell me where I can find it?

Well, as far as I can tell, xsetroot does not allow selecting cursors
from the cursorfont.  But, here is a little piece of code that will do
that very thing.  You can refine it to allow recoloring of cursors, etc.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/cursorfont.h>

main()
{
Display *dpy;
Cursor gumby;

        dpy = XOpenDisplay(NULL);

        gumby = XCreateFontCursor(dpy,
                                  XC_gumby);

        XDefineCursor(dpy,
                      DefaultRootWindow(dpy),
                      gumby);

        XCloseDisplay(dpy);
}

			-Dave
Dave "mr question" McIntyre     |      "....say you're thinking about a plate
mcintyre@turing.cs.rpi.edu      |       of shrimp.....and someone says to
office : 518-276-8633		|	you `plate,' or `shrimp'......"
home   : 518-271-6664		|