[comp.windows.x] Scrolling problem in xedit

rlkd@opusys.UUCP (R.L.K.Dattatri) (05/13/89)

I have a funny(?) problem with the client 'xedit'. Whenever I use
the scroll bar to scroll text, the text moves up (down) but  new
characters are not written at the old position. So I get a blank region
on the screen. I will have to refresh the screen manually.
All other features work properly.

Anyone know of this/have solutions?

R.L.K. Dattatri
Opus Systems
uunet!opusys!rlkd

swick@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (Ralph R. Swick) (05/15/89)

> Date: 12 May 89 21:16:17 GMT
> From: "R.L.K.Dattatri" <opusys!rlkd@uunet.uu.net>
>
> Whenever I use
> the scroll bar to scroll text, the text moves up (down) but  new
> characters are not written at the old position.

Do you have a portion of the window obscured?  There is a known
bug in the Xaw/Text widget that causes regions obscured by other
windows to fail to refresh when scrolled.

pfl@cup.portal.com (Peichung Forest Lai) (05/16/89)

I don't have the problem on my Sun386. But I do have another problem
:"segementation fault (core dump)" when I run xedit on Sun 4/110.

Would anyone help me out of this?

Forest Lai
Tatung Science & Technology
pfl@cup.portal.com