[comp.windows.x] xterm vi

ifocs9d@aucs.UUCP (Rick Giles) (05/16/89)

I'm having some problems with vi in an xterm window. This is with a Sun 3/60,
SunOS 4.0, and X Window System V11R3. vi symptoms include failure of
insert line above and insert line below ('O' and 'o') commands to update
the screen properly with newly inserted lines. Is this a problem with vi,
or my xterm termcap? If it's a termcap problem, could someone please mail
me a correct xterm termcap? Thanks.

Rick Giles

Bitnet:   FRGILES@Acadia
Internet: FRGILES%Acadia.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
UUCP:     uunet!dalcs!aucs!ifocs9d

pajerek@isctsse.UUCP (Don Pajerek) (05/18/89)

In article <1879@aucs.UUCP> ifocs9d@aucs.UUCP (Rick Giles) writes:
>I'm having some problems with vi in an xterm window. This is with a Sun 3/60,
>SunOS 4.0, and X Window System V11R3. vi symptoms include failure of
>insert line above and insert line below ('O' and 'o') commands to update
>the screen properly with newly inserted lines.
>Rick Giles

You might try removing the 'sc' and 'rc' entries from your VT100 termcap.
We had the same problem, and we determined that xterm was not processing
the 'rc' sequence properly.  The solution was to remove it; vi uses
alternate methods in the absence of sc/rc.

Don Pajerek