[net.news.group] Splitting net.games

jeffh@brl-sem.ARPA (the Shadow) (08/15/85)

In article <718@cvl.UUCP> eli@cvl.UUCP (Eli Liang) writes:

>> Jeff,
>> 	net.games is at times an exercise in frustration - I'd like
>> to communicate with people who play board games like Monop, Risk,
>> Diplomacy etc. etc. and card games like cribbage, rummy and (with
>> fake cards) Mille Bourne, Uno (both tm) and so on.  There is soooo
>> much computer game oriented traffic, though, that it's a hassle
>> even to read the group let alone post to it!
>>
>> 	I vote for this group splitting into the following two (the
>> names can be changed to protect the innocent)
>>
>> 	net.games.comp		- computer games, PC & UNIX type
>> 	net.games.board		- board and card games and so on.
>>
>> 				-- Dave Taylor
>>

>I'll n'th that.  I too would like to communicate with people on board/card
>game topics.  So who will stick there neck out and see about doing this?
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Eli Liang  ---

This discussion has been going on for a couple of weeks in net.games,
but no one has cross-posted to net.news.group.  I don't know how to
start a new group, but it should be done to get fans of the two topics
out of each others' hair.

Who takes responsibility for this sort of thing?  Gene Spafford seems
to have a lot to do with it.  Gene?  What comes next?

Would those people who wrote to me in favor of starting the new groups
please follow up to this article?  Or, may I have permission to post
your e-mail replies?

		"I firmly believe that if you can't fool
		 all of the people all of the time,
		 you should  start breeding them for stupidity."

				the Shadow
				ARPA:	<jeffh@brl>
				UUCP:	{seismo,decvax}!brl!jeffh