[comp.windows.x] "outline" cursor problem with Ultrix 3.0/DECwindows server

ccaw001@UTADNX.CC.UTEXAS.EDU ("Rick Watson") (06/06/89)

When running the DECwindows server that comes with Ultrix 3.0 (UWS
2.0), on a VAXstation II with a qvss display, I seem to be getting
just an outline of the cursor that I'm supposed to be getting.  The
arrow cursor displayed against the root window is ok, but most other
cursors are "outlined".

Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a fix/workaround?

Rick Watson
The University of Texas Computation Center
 arpa:   watson@utadnx.cc.utexas.edu (128.83.1.26)
 uucp:   ...cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!rick
 bitnet: watson@utadnx
 span:   utspan::utadnx::watson (UTSPAN is 25.128)
 phone:  512/471-8220 512/471-3241

rmyers@net1.ucsd.edu (Robert Myers) (06/07/89)

In article <8906060149.AA23736@expo.lcs.mit.edu> ccaw001@UTADNX.CC.UTEXAS.EDU ("Rick Watson") writes:
>When running the DECwindows server that comes with Ultrix 3.0 (UWS
>2.0), on a VAXstation II with a qvss display, I seem to be getting
>just an outline of the cursor that I'm supposed to be getting.  The
>arrow cursor displayed against the root window is ok, but most other
>cursors are "outlined".

Don't know if this is related, but I compiled GNU xchess on the
same kind of setup and its cursor didn't even show up when I put
the pointer in its window.  I was able to move stuff around, but
it was hard to play a decent game :-|.

rmyers%net1@ucsd.edu