[comp.windows.x] looking for X server for 386 UNIX

brian@apt.UUCP (Brian Litzinger) (06/10/89)

I'm looking for an X server implementation to use on
our 386 V.3.2 systems or some of our PC-DOS based 386
computers.  I'd prefer the server supported a VGA display
in the standard 640x480 either color or monochrome mode,
and I'd be really happy if it supported the Tseng Laboratories
1024x768 VGA too.  And I'd been incredibly happy if it was free,
but I am willing to pay money for it.

Our Unix systems run Interactive 386/ix
with Interactive/Lachman TCP/IP & NFS.

Any information, pricing, or leads would be appreciated.

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian@apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291

smikes@cbnewsi.ATT.COM (steven.mikes) (06/13/89)

In article <1658@apt.UUCP>, brian@apt.UUCP (Brian Litzinger) writes:
> I'm looking for an X server implementation to use on
> our 386 V.3.2 systems or some of our PC-DOS based 386
> computers.  I'd prefer the server supported a VGA display
> in the standard 640x480 either color or monochrome mode,
> and I'd be really happy if it supported the Tseng Laboratories
> 1024x768 VGA too.  And I'd been incredibly happy if it was free,
> but I am willing to pay money for it.

Brian:

Speaking unofficially, (I am not in any way connected with the groups
handling AT&T software), AT&T does market a product specifically designed for
UNIX V.3.2 that runs on (their) 80386 processors -- AT&T XWin.  Perhaps you
should call your nearest AT&T product sales representative who would be
able to provide you with more detailed information.

If you don't have one, or don't know how to get in touch with one, send me
email and I'll get you the contact info.

The latest versions of the AT&T software do provide for VGA support.

Steve
{...}hound!smikes