[comp.windows.x] X11R3 patches via uucp

andrew@mnetor.UUCP (Andrew Kun) (06/01/89)

We have got the standard X11R3 release and managed to get the (first)
patches off the net. I heard there are some 10 patches by now.  Our
attempts to reach the folks at MIT by e-mail on uucp-net have failed;
our messages or the replies must have ended in the bit bucket.

We would like to get hold of the balance of the patches via uucp. Any
help/pointers are appreciated.

--
Andrew Kun
UUCP: {utzoo, seismo}!mnetor!andrew

scott@grlab.UUCP (Scott Blachowicz) (06/03/89)

Has anyone been able to reliably get responses from the mail server at
xstuff@expo.lcs.mit.edu from uucp? I've gotten one response out of several
ago, but I don't know how long I should wait for a response before assuming
it fell into a bit bucket somewhere between here and there. Is there
another mail-based server somewhere that might be more easily accessible
from UUCP?

Thanx,
Scott Blachowicz
USPS:  Graphicus                UUCP:    ...!hpubvwa!grlab!scott
       150 Lake Str S, #206     VoicePh: 206/828-4691
       Kirkland, WA 98033       FAX:     206/828-4236

djg@pyrnova (Don Giberson) (06/08/89)

In article <900012@grlab.UUCP> scott@grlab.UUCP (Scott Blachowicz) writes:
>Has anyone been able to reliably get responses from the mail server at
>xstuff@expo.lcs.mit.edu from uucp? ...
>I sent a message to it for "send index" about 2 weeks
>ago, but I don't know how long I should wait for a response before
>assuming it fell into a bit bucket ...

if it's a short response, i've been getting same-day
answers (still my working day, but late afternoon or early
evening in the east).  longer messages (29K or so) have
showed up the next day, after a same-day acknowledgement.

perhaps you could figure out how to route a request (& a
`path' statement in your request message) through this
site (pyramid)?

	  Don Giberson / Pyramid Technology Corp / djg@pyramid.com
<or>      ...!{allegra,decwrl,hplabs,munnari,sun,uunet,utai}!pyramid!djg
Standard disclaimer, etc. etc.

bob@tinman.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (06/15/89)

You can get the "blessed" MIT X11R3 fixes via anonymous UUCP from
osu-cis as the files osu-cis!~/X.V11R3/fixes/fix1.Z thru fix10.Z.
This will save your UUCP neighbors the charges of carrying them via
mail for you.

The entire X11R3 distribution is here, too, and lots of contributed X
software and other stuff as well, which we try to keep as up-to-date
as possible.  See osu-cis!~/ls-lR.Z for the complete list.  We
recently received the gift of one Trailblazer and one Codex 2264
(V.32), which we'll be announcing as soon as I can get them
stabilized.  That should make the transfer of mongo-huge sources
somewhat more practical than the 2400bps we offer right now!

If you need instructions for our anonymous UUCP archive, drop a line
to uucp@cis.ohio-state.edu (== osu-cis!uucp) and we'll be glad to send
along all you need to know.