[net.news] please put more info in Subject line

wls@astrovax.UUCP (William L. Sebok) (12/11/83)

ut-ngp!werner writes in net.news.newsite:
> would it be possible to request new-sites to indicate in the Subject-line
> the company name and physical location of the new USENET-participant?

There is an "Organization: " field in the news header for at least news version
2.10 and above that serves this purpose (I notice that such an "Organization: "
entry is in his article).  I for one prefer that Subject lines be kept short
and easy to ready and not be cluttered with site information.
--
Bill Sebok			Princeton University, Astrophysics
{allegra,akgua,burl,cbosgd,decvax,ihnp4,kpno,princeton}!astrovax!wls