[comp.windows.x] GWM Announcement

colas@mirsa.inria.fr (Colas NAHABOO) (06/19/89)

GWM PRESENTATION AT THE 89 X'HIBITION IN SAN JOSE:

I will present GWM, the EMACS of X window managers at the Xhibition during
the technical program on Window managers on June 27 at 10:30.

GWM is a X11 window manager extensible via a built-in Lisp interpreter.
It is written in C and has been ported easily on many machines.

It will be on the X11R4 tape, and will be maintained in "contrib" on expo.
I will put it there at my return of the X'hibition, about the 7th of July,
so as to be able to answer the first questions. (I am leaving tomorrow for
the US)

I will be maintaining 2 mailing lists about gwm:

	gwm-bugs@mirsa.inria.fr		for bug reports
	gwm-talk@mirsa.inria.fr		for other comments

Requests to be added on these lists and mails that you do not want to see
redistributed to these lists (only to the people maintaining it) are to be
sent to:

	gwm@mirsa.inria.fr

PS: I will put the new multi-screen 1.4 version on expo on July 7, and will
post a message in the news then. If you want gwm before July 7, mail a
request to gwm@mirsa.inria.fr, knowing that you will get the 1.3 whose
standard profile conventions will present differences with the 1.4.

Colas NAHABOO       BULL Research FRANCE -- Koala Project
                    (GWM X11 Window Manager)
    Internet:       colas@mirsa.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Colas NAHABOO, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.77.71, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 66, Telex: 97 00 50F

toml@Solbourne.COM (Tom LaStrange) (06/20/89)

> I will present GWM, the EMACS of X window managers at the Xhibition during
> the technical program on Window managers on June 27 at 10:30.

Holy Window Manager Wars, Batman!  I'll be there also talking about
what's new with twm for X11R4 and I HONESTLY almost entitled my paper
"twm: The vi of Window Managers", but someone talked me out of it.

I also heard rumors that HP and DEC were going to be touting their WMs also.

--
Tom LaStrange

Solbourne Computer Inc.    ARPA: toml@Solbourne.COM
1900 Pike Rd.              UUCP: ...!{boulder,nbires,sun}!stan!toml
Longmont, CO  80501