[comp.windows.x] ordering X11

saty@CS.BUFFALO.EDU (T. Satyendra) (06/20/89)

I would like to know how anyone goes about getting X11 on tapes
to be used on Apollo workstations.  (How much time does it take to
install the entire X package including Xlib on Apollo so that
graphics application programs can be run?).  Is there an Apollo
users group which distributes X11?  All answers and pointers will
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Saty.

jnp@mjolner.tele.nokia.fi (J|rgen N|rgaard) (06/21/89)

In article <8906200002.AA15198@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU> saty@CS.BUFFALO.EDU (T. Satyendra) writes:

>   I would like to know how anyone goes about getting X11 on tapes
>   to be used on Apollo workstations.  (How much time does it take to
>   install the entire X package including Xlib on Apollo so that
>   graphics application programs can be run?).  Is there an Apollo
>   users group which distributes X11?  All answers and pointers will
>   be greatly appreciated.
>
>   Thanks,
>   Saty.

The ADUS (Apollo Domain(?) User ? ) has made a tape with X11R3 which
comes with sources and binaries. It is easy to install, especially
if you only want the binaries. Otherwise re-compilation (make World)
take several hours to run to the end.

			Regards J|rgen N|rgaard ('|' is '\o{}' in \LaTeX{})
				e-mail: jnp@tele.nokia.fi
				telephone: <..>-358-0-511-5671

mlm@calmasd.Prime.COM (Monte Meals) (06/22/89)

In article <8906200002.AA15198@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU>, saty@CS.BUFFALO.EDU (T. Satyendra) writes:

> I would like to know how anyone goes about getting X11 on tapes
> to be used on Apollo workstations...

In addition to the code available on the MIT tape,
you can order it directly from you Apollo sales rep.
as a layered product for SR 9.7.

(No comments on quality, I have not tried it.)

Monte