[comp.windows.x] GKS under X

amlf@ukc.ac.uk (A.M.L.Fowler) (06/22/89)

I have an application (written in Fortran, gasp), which produces graphical
output using GKS.  I need the output to be in X and was going to write a
GKS Metafile interpreter, but I have since learnt that such a thing (or
similar) quite possibly already exists.  It's for University research
purposes so if anybody knows about a GKS implementation under X which
preferably won't cost megabucks could they please mail me:

      amlf@ukc.ac.uk

Thanks,
   Aliy

doyle@b11.ingr.com (Doyle Davidson) (06/24/89)

In article <1662@harrier.ukc.ac.uk>, amlf@ukc.ac.uk (A.M.L.Fowler) writes:

> ... and was going to write a
> GKS Metafile interpreter, but I have since learnt that such a thing (or
> similar) quite possibly already exists.

A GKS metafile interpreter is trivial!  The hard part is writing the
X window workstation driver.  Fortunately this beast already exists
from a company called Prior Data Sciences.  You can reach them at:

	Prior Data Sciences
	240 Michael Cowpland Drive
	Kanata, Ontario K2M 1P6
	(613) 591-7235

I have personally seen it run and they seem to have done a good job
at a quick first glance.

Doyle (I thought I was the only one who had to work with GKS) Davidson

Doyle C. Davidson              |
Intergraph Corp.               |  These comments are...
Workstation Graphics Standards |
1 Madison Industrial Park      |     \\  /
Huntsville, AL 35806           |      \\/
(205) 772-2000                 |      /\\  clusively my own.
                               |     /  \\
..!uunet!ingr!b11!doyled!doyle |