[comp.windows.x] Viewport Widgets

mark@torch.UUCP (Mark Howells) (04/26/88)

	>> my query about Mappping & Unmapping widgets.

	>From: "Ralph R. Swick" <athena.mit.edu!swick>

	>I can't reproduce your problem.  Example code and a description of
	>your environment, including window manager, submitted to xbugs
	>would help.

I've sorted this out now. The problem was in 'uwm' I'll send a report & fix
to you soon. I've another problem now.

	Does any body know how I can arrange for a widget, contained within
a viewPort widget to be informed of the size of the viewPort 'clip widget'.

What I mean is that I have a managed widget (form or core) and if the viewport
is resized to be bigger than the inner widget then I want to expand the inner
widget to fully fill the available viewPort.

I know I can look up the dimensions in the widget structures by including
ViewportP.h but I'd rather use a functional interface if one is available.

Thanks,

Mark

EMail : mark@torch.co.uk
	seismo!mcvax!ukc!stc!datlog!torch![mark|root]

swick@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (Ralph R. Swick) (05/03/88)

> I have a managed widget (form or core) and if the viewport
> is resized to be bigger than the inner widget then I want to expand the inner
> widget to fully fill the available viewPort.

Viewport should be doing this already.

dtj@vogon.cray.COM (Dean Johnson) (06/22/89)

Is there any *reasonable* way to move a viewport vertical scrollbar
back to 0%? In my application I end up destroying the inner portion
of the viewport widget (to get around list widget problems) and I need
to reset the scrollbar.

	-Dean Johnson
	 User Interface Group
	 Cray Research, Inc.
	 Mendota Heights, MN

kit@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Chris D. Peterson) (06/28/89)

> Is there any *reasonable* way to move a viewport vertical scrollbar
> back to 0%?

Nope, sorry.

						Chris D. Peterson
						MIT X Consortium