[comp.windows.x] Xmh port to System V wanted

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (07/10/89)

Does anyone have a complete patch for porting 'xmh' (from X11R3) to
System V.3 systems?

I made a few changes myself and I already put in some BSD-compatibility-code
(ftruncate, ...) but still some components don't work.

I hardly can't imagine that nobody did the port succesfully...

A more general question: can I find somewhere a set of patches for
the whole set of basic X clients for System V.3?

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######

jim@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jim Fulton) (07/10/89)

> A more general question: can I find somewhere a set of patches for
> the whole set of basic X clients for System V.3?

There are no public collections, that I know of.   However, various vendors
have ported R3 to System V.3 based platforms.

But, R4 will be easier to deal with on such platforms....

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (07/11/89)

In article <8907101434.AA07763@expo.lcs.mit.edu> jim@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jim Fulton) writes:

>There are no public collections, that I know of.   However, various vendors
>have ported R3 to System V.3 based platforms.
>
>But, R4 will be easier to deal with on such platforms....

If so, when will R4 be released?
--
          Robert Claeson      E-mail: rclaeson@erbe.se
	  ERBE DATA AB

jim@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jim Fulton) (07/11/89)

> If so, when will R4 be released?

We are still on track for "sometime this year."

jim@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Jim Fulton) (07/11/89)

> If so, when will R4 be released?

We are still on track for "sometime this year(ish)."