[comp.windows.x] twm problem with X11R2 xterm

ddickey@nic.MR.NET (Dan Dickey) (07/11/89)

I'm having a problem with twm and an X11R2 xterm.  I'm running twm
on my X11R3 Sun 3/50 and have several windows open, everything is
just fine.  When I rlogin to a motorola box, and try to start up
an xterm from there and display on my tube, it hangs partway through
the startup.  (Yes, xhost & other permissions are all ok).
If twm is not running, the xterm pops up a window just fine.

The version of twm I have is:
fizban$ what /usr/local/X11/twm | grep twm
/usr/local/X11/twm
        twm $Revision: 1.2 $
        twm $Date: 88/10/18 11:36:29 $

Is there a newer version of twm that fixes this problem?  Has anyone else
seen it?  My alternatives at this point are to run a different window
manager, none at all, or track down the bug myself.
	-Dan A. Dickey	ddickey%ferrari.cray.com@gath.cray.com
--
Dan A. Dickey	ddickey%ferrari.cray.com@gath.cray.com

tek@penzance.cs.ucla.edu (Ted Kim (ATW)) (07/12/89)

In article <1489@nic.MR.NET> ddickey@nic.MR.NET (Dan Dickey) writes:
>        twm $Revision: 1.2 $
>        twm $Date: 88/10/18 11:36:29 $
>
>Is there a newer version of twm that fixes this problem?

I also am looking for the most recent version of TWM.
Does anyone know where I can get it?
Were there any patches issued for TWM?
Tom LaStrange are you listening?

-ted

Ted Kim                           ARPAnet: tek@penzance.cs.ucla.edu
UCLA Computer Science Department  UUCP:    ...!ucbvax!cs.ucla.edu!tek
3804C Boelter Hall                PHONE:   (213) 206-8696
Los Angeles, CA 90024             ESPnet:  tek@ouija.board

toml@Solbourne.COM (Tom LaStrange) (07/12/89)

From article <25618@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, by tek@penzance.cs.ucla.edu (Ted Kim (ATW)):
> In article <1489@nic.MR.NET> ddickey@nic.MR.NET (Dan Dickey) writes:
>>        twm $Revision: 1.2 $
>>        twm $Date: 88/10/18 11:36:29 $
>>
>>Is there a newer version of twm that fixes this problem?
>
> I also am looking for the most recent version of TWM.
> Does anyone know where I can get it?
> Were there any patches issued for TWM?
> Tom LaStrange are you listening?

Yup,

The most recent official version is still the X11R3 version
plus a couple of patches.  The next version that will be
available will be the X11R4 version.

--
Tom LaStrange

Solbourne Computer Inc.    ARPA: toml@Solbourne.COM
1900 Pike Rd.              UUCP: ...!{boulder,nbires,sun}!stan!toml
Longmont, CO  80501