[comp.windows.x] Fast floating point

rulmer@ncrorl.Orlando.NCR.COM (Rick Ulmer) (07/10/89)

I'm interested in speeding up some graphics operations such as arc drawing
in a X11 R3 server.  These routines rely on floating point math.  Does
anyone have any information on a fast floating point library for a 68020.

Also, I was told that in sun news SUN replaced the floating point math
with something call "fracs"???.  Does anyone have any information on "fracs"
and/or how to implement a "fracs" based math library.

				Rick Ulmer

leeg@mcrware.UUCP (Lee Glen) (07/12/89)

In article <550@ncrorl.Orlando.NCR.COM> rulmer@ncrorl.Orlando.NCR.COM (Rick Ulmer) writes:

>I'm interested in speeding up some graphics operations such as arc drawing
>in a X11 R3 server.  These routines rely on floating point math.  Does
>anyone have any information on a fast floating point library for a 68020.

I too am interested in a 68000 or 68020 fast floating point library.

				Lee Glenn