[comp.windows.x] Common Lisp interface to X Windows

kristina@suna.CMI.COM (Kristina Fayyad) (07/07/89)

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed here.  I've heard
that there is a package that lets one write in CommonLisp in order to
write X windows applications. If anyone knows about this, please post
any information you have, hopefully including an anonymous ftp site.  Thanks.

Kristina (kristina@suna.cmi.com)

jl3j+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Robert Leavitt) (07/07/89)

Could I get a copy of any pointers to this as well?   Thanks a lot.

                                          -John.

| US-Snail: 5715 Ellsworth Ave. - Apt D-2 | "I must not fear.  Fear in the    |
|           Pittsburgh, PA 15232          |  mind killer.  Fear is the little |
| E-Mail:   jl3j@andrew.cmu.edu           |  death that brings total          |
| Phone:    (412) 441-7724                |  obliteration."  - the B.G.       |

rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (07/07/89)

CLX is the CommonLisp equivalent to Xlib.  CLUE is a CommonLisp equivalent
to the Xt Intrinsics, done by TI.  Both are available as part of the MIT R3
distribution (CLX is in the core part, CLUE is in contrib).

alr@rd1632.Dayton.NCR.COM (alr) (07/18/89)

In article <kYgx6ey00WB68BFdwk@andrew.cmu.edu> jl3j+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Robert Leavitt) writes:
>Could I get a copy of any pointers to this as well?   Thanks a lot.
>

>                                          -John.
>
>| US-Snail: 5715 Ellsworth Ave. - Apt D-2 | "I must not fear.  Fear in the    |
>|           Pittsburgh, PA 15232          |  mind killer.  Fear is the little |
>| E-Mail:   jl3j@andrew.cmu.edu           |  death that brings total          |
>| Phone:    (412) 441-7724                |  obliteration."  - the B.G.       |

There is a product called Express Windows, sold by Liszt Programming Inc,

which is a presentation-based high-level UIMS based on CLX and CLOS.

It theoretically runs on any common lisp and is known to run
on Lucid, Franz Allegro, and Symbolics Lisp.

Call Mike Komichak for more details at Liszt @ 703-683-3916.

Andrew L. Ressler