[comp.windows.x] is a vt240 emulator available?

randy@erik.UUCP (Randy Brown) (07/13/89)

Does anyone know of a vt240 emulator under X? We need the REGIS graphics
for backward compatibility.

graham@fuel.dec.com (kris graham) (07/13/89)

> is a vt240 emulator available?

Digital's X11 platforms has DECterm...and it will emualate
VTXXX/Regis terminals

Christopher Graham
Digital Equipment Corp
Ultrix Resource Center
New York City.

mlm@calmasd.Prime.COM (Monte Meals) (07/15/89)

In article <8907130007.AA11980@>, randy@erik.UUCP (Randy Brown) writes:
> Does anyone know of a vt240 emulator under X? We need the REGIS graphics
> for backward compatibility.

Try DEC's terminal emulator (VMS or ULTRIX.) It supports a full VT300
emulation.

larry@ticker.dec.com (Lawrence J. Timmins) (07/19/89)

Digital's DECterm supports full Regis support and is available as part of
either VMS or Ultrix Workstation Software.

Please be sure to use Ultrix Workstation Software 2.1 (Ultrix 3.1) -- a
recently released upgrade to Ultrix 3.0.  There were specific Regis-related
fixes included in that release.

Contact your Digital sales rep for info on the upgrade.

Larry Timmins
DEC
Financial Resource Center/NY Software Services

                ****  All relevant disclaimers apply ****