[comp.windows.x] ListWidget problem

PJS@GROUCH.JPL.NASA.GOV (Peter Scott) (07/24/89)

I found that the list widget would work IFF a non-zero
value was supplied for XtNnumberStrings, AND at least one
string was provided.  Omitting a value for XtNumberStrings
and/or not providing any strings for the list causes a core
dump inside ResetList(), instead of the default action as
specified in the Athena widget manual.

Peter Scott (pjs@grouch.jpl.nasa.gov)

david@ics.COM (David B. Lewis) (07/24/89)

In article <890723122653.000026A70B1@grouch.JPL.NASA.GOV>, PJS@GROUCH.JPL.NASA.GOV (Peter Scott) writes:
..(several problems with the Xaw list widget)
> Peter Scott (pjs@grouch.jpl.nasa.gov)

It looks as though Peter found that some initialization wasn't handled
correctly (a couple minutes this morning seems to turn up that the list of
items is assumed to exist, before the default of the widget name is set).

I've forwarded a quick fix that solves the problem enough to
get the original code he posted to come up without dumping core.
I'm sure he'll take it from there.
--
David B. Lewis david@ics.com ics!david@buita.bu.edu david%ics.UUCP@buita.bu.edu
"I am astounded ... at the wonderful power you have developed - and terrified

kit@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Chris D. Peterson) (07/26/89)

> I found that the list widget would work IFF a non-zero value was supplied for
> XtNnumberStrings, AND at least one string was provided.  Omitting a value for
> XtNumberStrings and/or not providing any strings for the list causes a core
> dump inside ResetList(), instead of the default action as specified in the
> Athena widget manual.

If you pass a NULL terminated list then there is no need to pass the number of
items in the list (Yes, this is documented).

Okay, okay, so I missed one little bug :-).

						Chris