[comp.windows.x] X Server for Sun GX or GXP?

janssen@holmes (Bill Janssen) (07/19/89)

In article <6555@pepper.athertn.Atherton.COM>, wyman@athertn (Wyman Chong) writes:
>Does anybody have a X server running on a SparcStation 1 on the 2D accelerator
>board (cg6 or LEGO)?

And for that matter, where is the long-awaited Sun merged server?
The one with the July FCS date?

Bill

--
 Bill Janssen        janssen.pa@xerox.com      (415) 494-4763
 Xerox Palo Alto Research Center

bob@tinman.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (07/19/89)

In article <1714@arisia.Xerox.COM> janssen@holmes (Bill Janssen) writes:
   And for that matter, where is the long-awaited Sun merged server?
   The one with the July FCS date?

I was told it slipped to August, to the tune of great gnashing of teeth.

richard@torch.UUCP (Richard Nuttall) (07/26/89)

>In article <1714@arisia.Xerox.COM> janssen@holmes (Bill Janssen) writes:
>   And for that matter, where is the long-awaited Sun merged server?
>   The one with the July FCS date?

The information I have from a contact in Sun (UK) is that X11/News will be
shipped as a separate tape with SunOS 4.1 , ETA Jan 1990.

Those who want to will be able to get the tape before that, but I didn't
get a date for that. Judging by the state of it at Xhibition, it "may be
some time" before it comes out.

--
Richard Nuttall               |    ukc!stc!datlog!torch!richard
Torch Technology Ltd.         |    richard@torch.co.uk