[comp.windows.x] query: need patches for x11r3 of Ada-X and Ada-Xray bindings

bertrand@cui.unige.ch (IBRAHIM Bertrand) (08/02/89)

Hi,

I've been using quite extensively the Ada-X bindings that SAIC made available
to the public last year. I sticked until now to X11R2 in order to be able to
use these bindings, but I'm now trying to move to X11R3. The bindings seem to
almost work as is under X11R3, to the exception that the Xray toolkit test
program crashes on calls to primitives involving fonts.

I've already started to look at possible causes for the problem, but I thought
that somebody might have already done the job before me.

Has anybody already ported the Ada-X and Ada-Xray bindings to X11R3, and if
it is the case, would he/she care to share the patches with me ?

AdvTHANKSance for any help.

Bertrand Ibrahim.

Email address:
              to BITNET                             to MHS
from
BITNET   IBRAHIM@CGEUGE51                 ibrahim@uni2a.unige.ch
INTERNET IBRAHIM%CGEUGE51@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU ibrahim%uni2a.unige.ch@ubc.csnet
MHS                                       ibrahim@uni2a.unige.ch
JANET                                     ibrahim%uni2a.unige.ch@uk.ac.ean-relay
from UUCP to UUCP : cernvax!cui!bertrand.uucp
                    mcvax!cernvax!cui!bertrand.uucp
                    cui!bertrand@cernvax.UUCP

nsche@ATR-8.HAC.COM (Norm Scherer) (08/04/89)

In article <163@cui.unige.ch> mcvax!cernvax!cui!bertrand@uunet.uu.net  (IBRAHIM Bertrand)
writes:
>Has anybody already ported the Ada-X and Ada-Xray bindings to X11R3, and if
>it is the case, would he/she care to share the patches with me ?

We have been using the SAIC Ada-X binding with X11R3 for quite some time and
have not had any problems which we attributed to R2 vs R3 changes.  We may
be wrong!  I have had problems with some of the font stuff (ListFonts specifically)
but I attributed it to some errors in the binding with regards to handling
arrays of strings in c vs ada.  We are using a version of the binding
modified for the telesoft compiler most of the time.

A short time ago I asked the group for a source of a supported version of
the bindings I had heard rumors of and recieved the following from rogerb@verdix.com.

>I suspect this is Steve Hyland, who is at AdaPlus (I suspect
>this is his own company).
>Phone 713 448-4939
>Address
>	801E NASA Road 1
>	Webster Texas 77598
>I know that Steve has asked for our compiler for the purpose of verifying the
>binding and providing a supported product.

>rogerb@verdix.com
>Roger Baker, Director of Marketing
>Verdix Corporation

	Norm Scherer
 	Software Engineering Division
 	Hughes Aircraft Co., Ground Systems Group,
 	Fullerton Ca.
 	(nsche%atr-2s@hac2arpa.hac.com or nsche@atr-2s.hac.com)

Opinions are my own, not those of HAC or anyone else I have ever met