[net.news] "What is this group for?" - possible answer

dman@homxa.UUCP (#D.ANDERSON) (02/29/84)

=
In 2.10 we have this nice header marking the entry to a new group

---------------------
Newsgroup net.physics
---------------------

that serves to put it all back in perspective. I'll bet that all the
folks out there who post things to the net have read netnews at least
once before they first put up a message of their own. Well, why can't
we tell them what a group is for before they put in that exploratory
first message:

Newsgroup net.physics
  (Physical laws, properties, etc.)

After all, Adam goes to all the trouble to put together a newsgroup
list anyway... I think it would help clean up the net a little...

				Dave Anderson  houxm!homxa!dman