[comp.windows.x] Moving children.

thp@westhawk.UUCP ("Timothy H Panton.") (08/11/89)

> From: Francois.Bitz@sam.cs.cmu.edu
>
> it means that one might have
> to 'write' a children window manager within the application
> if one wants to place, resize children windows... OR just
> not have children windows (i.e. make all windows to level
> windows).  The second solution is not too great since I want the
> children to move,... be visibly bounded by the top  window.

We had this problem with an Xtoolkit application, and eventually had a
geometry manager widget written that allowed one to move and resize
it's children. -Like vpane only 2 dimensional.
I don't think it is likely to be publically available, but I'll ask.
Tim.
|Tim Panton, Westhawk Ltd.       (Contract X application programmer)         |
|Paper: Westhawk Ltd. 26 Rydal Grove, Helsby, Cheshire, WA6 OET. UK.         |
|Phone: +44 92822574             uucp : ..!mcvax!ukc!cam-cl!westhawk!thp     |