[comp.windows.x] Need simple library for displaying Plots/Graphs

mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill) (08/11/89)

We need a simple library (high level) for displaying Plots/Graphs sorta
on the line of GKS or PHIGS.

Are there any X11 implementations of GKS or PHIGS available?  Are there any
other libraries available (public domain or not) that do the same sort of
things that GKS & PHIGS do?

Thanks,

Keith

--
    Keith D. McNeill              |    E.I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    eplrx7!mcneill@uunet.uu.net   |    Engineering Physics Laboratory
                                  |    Wilmington, Delaware 19880-0357

rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (08/11/89)

    Are there any X11 implementations of GKS or PHIGS available?

There are a number of vendor-specific GKS and PHIGS products available;
contact the specific companies of the systems you own for more information.
There is a GKS implementation you can license cheaply from the University
of Lowell (Mass.)  Try contacting Georges Grinstein there in the Computer
Science Department (I don't have a phone number or address handy).

klee@gilroy.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (08/12/89)

In article <595@eplrx7.UUCP>, mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill) writes:
> Are there any X11 implementations of GKS or PHIGS available?

Digitial Equipment has X11 versions of both GKS and PHIGS.  I think GKS
has been available for some time now.  PHIGS (PEX, the PHIGS extension
to X) was demonstrated at SIGGRAPH last week.  It may not actually be
for sale yet.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee

brooks@vette.llnl.gov (Eugene Brooks) (08/12/89)

In article <595@eplrx7.UUCP> mcneill@eplrx7.UUCP (mcneill) writes:
>We need a simple library (high level) for displaying Plots/Graphs sorta
>on the line of GKS or PHIGS.
You can try the CPLOT library.  It provides functionality for X-Y
data display and has drivers for X10, X11, PostScript, Tek, and a
Ditroff which has been hacked to provide pen width control.

It is available via anonymous FTP from the maddog.llnl.gov in the
directory pub/cplot.  It should also appear in sources.unix relatively
soon.
brooks@maddog.llnl.gov, brooks@maddog.uucp

mvh@cfa250.harvard.edu (Mike Van Hilst) (08/12/89)

In article <8908111235.AA01386@expire.lcs.mit.edu>, rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU writes:

>     Are there any X11 implementations of GKS or PHIGS available?
>
> ... There is a GKS implementation you can license cheaply from the
> University of Lowell (Mass.)  Try contacting Georges Grinstein there
> in the Computer Science Department (I don't have a phone number or
> address handy).

Georges Grinstein can be reached by at:
	Department of Computer Science
	Univeristy of Lowell