[comp.windows.x] XDrawArc/XFillArc

jstravis@athena.mit.edu (John S. Travis) (08/11/89)

Hello, I'm running Young's draw progarm with modifications
on a VAX 2000 at MIT(X11R3). In the rubberbanding of
circles, the drawing is incredibly slow for the UNFILLED
circle. Th Fill circle is slow, but what i expected. The
ONLY differnce in the code is one calls XDrawArc, the other
calls XFillArc. Is thera a problem/differnce in the XDrawArc
code. It takes seconds to follow the mouse around
in the rubber banding phase. The thinh that really bugs me
is that the filled circle is faster??!! Any help would be
greatly appreciated! Anyone experience the same problem(at MIT?)?

john travis
jstravis@athena.mit.edu

rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (08/12/89)

    In the rubberbanding of circles, the drawing is incredibly slow for the
    UNFILLED circle.

If you don't have published fix #3, get it.  Arcs using zero-width lines
could be made a LOT faster, but we've been busy with other things.

david@ics.COM (David B. Lewis) (08/14/89)

In article <8908111824.AA02023@expire.lcs.mit.edu>, rws@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU writes:
>     In the rubberbanding of circles, the drawing is incredibly slow for the
>     UNFILLED circle.
> If you don't have published fix #3, get it.  Arcs using zero-width lines
> could be made a LOT faster, but we've been busy with other things.

The electronic classroom Athena machines seem to have made the cut over
to R3 earlier this summer, but to a vanilla R3.  We hit this same problem
last week in one of our courses taught using MIT facilities.
--
David B. Lewis david@ics.com ics!david@buita.bu.edu david%ics.UUCP@buita.bu.edu

"An organization designing a system will produce a copy of its own
communication structure." - Melvin Conway