[comp.windows.x] idraw fix request

ekberg@osage.csc.ti.COM (07/19/89)

I have been using the InterViews idraw program but I run into the `request
length' problem that has been discussed recently when I try to turn on the grid
via the Option menu or the ? command.  Is there a patch available for this or
should I wait until X11R4 comes out?

  -- tom (aisle C-4L), ekberg@csc.ti.com

klee@gilroy.pa.dec.com (Ken Lee) (08/16/89)

In article <8907191457.AA09693@osage.csc.ti.com>, ekberg@osage.csc.ti.COM writes:
> I have been using the InterViews idraw program but I run into the `request
> length' problem that has been discussed recently when I try to turn on the grid
> via the Option menu or the ? command.  Is there a patch available for this or
> should I wait until X11R4 comes out?

I don't think there's an official patch for this, but it's pretty easy
to hack Xlib to break up long XDrawPoints, XDrawSegments, etc.
requests.  Calculate the maximum number of points (or whatever) and
break up requests longer than that.  Be careful with stuff like
XDrawLines, though, as the simple implementation will lose joins.  If
you have access to the InterViews source code, you can do the same
thing at that level.

Ken Lee
DEC Western Software Laboratory, Palo Alto, Calif.
Internet: klee@decwrl.dec.com
uucp: uunet!decwrl!klee