[comp.windows.x] Help: DECwindows/DECterm - Lost cursor key function

mgr@cuphub.uucp (Mark Krueger - CUP system manager) (08/08/89)

Can anyone give me a hint ?

I'm new to Vaxstations... Just converted my MV II to a VS II/GPX two days ago.

DECterm windows seemed to be working alright in the beginning, but now, the
cursor keypad moves the MOUSE CURSOR rather than giving me DCL line editing
functions.  The FIND, SELECT,... key group also doesn't work.

Very frustrating!!  I was playing with all sorts of options, & probably one
of 'em screwed up the cursor keypad settings.  ARGHHH....
Well, I've tried to reset everything back to defaults, but still no success.

Someone please help me before I go bonkers...

THANKS!!!  - Mark

schoeller@lbduck.dec.com (Dick Schoeller) (08/16/89)

In article <480@cuphub.uucp>, mgr@cuphub.uucp (Mark Krueger - CUP system
manager) writes:

> DECterm windows seemed to be working alright in the beginning, but now, the
> cursor keypad moves the MOUSE CURSOR rather than giving me DCL line editing
> functions.  The FIND, SELECT,... key group also doesn't work.
>
> Very frustrating!!  I was playing with all sorts of options, & probably one
> of 'em screwed up the cursor keypad settings.  ARGHHH....
> Well, I've tried to reset everything back to defaults, but still no success.

Apparently, you accidently hit Ctrl-F3.  This toggles the workstation between
the mode you are in and normal.  SELECT, PREV SCREEN and NEXT SCREEN act
as MB1-MB3 when in this mode.  In order to get back out of it hit Ctrl-F3
again.

The above is a fairly common mistype of Ctrl-F2 which dismisses the operator
console window.  It has nothing to do with options and nothing to do with
DECterm; it gets your whole workstation.

Dick Schoeller			| schoeller@gvriel.enet.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation	| 508-493-1670
129 Parker Street, PKO3-1/H21	|
Maynard, MA 01754-2571		| This author has no opinions to disclaim!